SuperCombo is for the FGC, by GBL. We don't run ads or sell user data. If you enjoy the site, consider supporting our work.
|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match/FAQ
From SuperCombo Wiki
General Character Info
- Crouching Hitboxes
- It's important to know the height of each character's hitbox because not all normals/special moves will connect on all crouching opponents. Generally the hit box heights can be put into four groups - tiny, low, medium, high. In almost all cases, if a move whiffs against someone that is in the low hit box group, it will whiff against all other characters in the low group.
- Also keep in mind that just because a character is really tall when standing, doesn't mean they have a tall crouching hit box. Yamazaki and Yashiro are good examples of this - both have a tall standing hit box but actually a low crouching hit box.
- In the character specific pages, it is noted if a certain move whiffs against a certain group of characters. Some examples would be Daimon's close A whiffing against low crouchers but not medium or high.
- Some examples with an incomplete list:
- Tiny: Chin, Choi
- Low: Andy, Joe, Athena, Kensou, Benimaru, Mai, Yuri, Yashiro, Iori, Mature, Vice, Yamazaki, Billy, Leona, Kim
- Medium: Ryo, Robert, Takuma, Terry, Kyo, Shermie, Mary, Ralf, Clark
- High: Maxima, Daimon, Chang, Krauser
- Note that in the context of characters' move sets, there are attacks that work on some or most of a height class while there are other attacks that strictly follow the height classification in regards to if the attack connects or not. There could be nuances such as medium-high or low-medium height classes because of the inconsistencies and this doesn't even include the width of a crouching character's hit box and how that factors in how other characters' attacks connect with the said hit box. The above classifications are still just qualitative measurements made to help discern whether or not attacks will hit certain characters based on generalizations.