SuperCombo is for the FGC, by GBL. We don't run ads or sell user data. If you enjoy the site, consider supporting our work.
|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match/Notation
From SuperCombo Wiki
- Controls and basic notation of KOF in general.
.- up (u) | up-back (u/b) - 7 8 9 - up-forward (u/f) back (b) - 4 5 6 - forward (f) down-back (d/b) - 1 2 3 - down-forward (d/f) | `- down (d)
Primary Note: These numbers can be easily referenced by looking at your keyboard numpad. Think of it as a joystick/controller that is facing to the right. "5" is used to signify "neutral".
Secondary Note: These notations are based on the assumption that the character is on the "Player 1" side of the playing field. These notations remain relative to the character based upon this assumption.
- qcf - 236 - Quarter circle forward/Hadouken/Fireball motion - In one smooth motion move to down -> down-forward -> forward.
- qcb - 214 - Quarter circle backward - In one smooth motion move to down -> down-back -> back.
- hcf - 41236 - Half circle forward - In one smooth motion move to back -> down-back -> down -> down-forward -> forward.
- hcb - 63214 - Half circle backward - In one smooth motion move to forward -> down-forward -> down -> down-back -> back.
- dp - 623 - Dragon Punch motion - In one smooth motion move to forward -> down -> down-forward.
- rdp - 421 - Reverse Dragon Punch motion - In one smooth motion move to back -> down -> down-back.
- tk - 2369 - Tiger Knee Motion - qcf, then move to up-forward.
- [x] - Charge - Hold the given direction (usually back/down) for around 1 second, before moving to the next command (usually forward or up with a button input.) Another form of charging is holding down a button or buttons and releasing the button/s after a period of time to do a specific attack. The x in the example is the input of a direction or button that needs to be charged.
- A - LP - Light Punch
- B - LK - Light Kick
- C - HP - Hard Punch
- D - HK - Hard Kick
- CD - Blow back attack, press C and D simultaneously.
- P - Any punch
- K - Any kick
Other common abbreviations
- j. - Jump/jumping - Press up-back, up, or up-forward.
- nj. - Neutral jump - Referencing specifically for directly upward jump, especially for specific attacks that only occur in this state.
- sj. - Super jump - Tap down, down-back, or down-forward, then quickly press up-back or up-forward.
- sh. - Short hop - Lightly tap up-back, up, or up-forward.
- hh. - Hyper hop - Tap down, down-back, or down-forward, then quickly and lightly tap up-back or up-forward.
- nh. - Neutral hop - Lightly tap up. There are no specific short hop attacks in the neutral hop state, unlike neutral jump. This is used as an indicator specifically for neutral hopping in a given situation.
- cl. - Close, as in a close normal attack.
- cr. - Crouching, as in a crouching normal attack.
- st. - Standing, as in a far standing normal attack.
- f. - Forward, and relative to the direction the character is facing.
- b. - Back, and relative to the direction the character is facing.
- ss. - Side Step
- DM - Desperation Move, a.k.a. Chinese for Super.
- SDM - Super Desperation Move
- QM - Quick Max