|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
|Rage Of The Dragons|
MVS Japan Ver.6
Evoga, BrezzaSoft, Noise Factory
QUByte Interactive (2021), SNK/Playmore
- Rage of the Dragons is a 2 on 2 tag fighter developed by Evoga, BrezzaSoft, and Noise Factory on the Neo Geo MVS arcade system that was released in 2002. It plays similarly to other fighting games on the Neo Geo like King of Fighters '98.
- ROTD was intended to be a sequel to the 1995 Neo Geo Game, Double Dragon. However, the development team could not acquire the rights for the characters from Technos Japan. So instead of scrapping the game, they changed the names of characters; such as Abobo to Abubo. Billy and Jimmy still kept their names respectively.
- As of 2020, Piko Interactive now holds the rights to Rage of the Dragons and is working with QUByte Interactive on releasing a modern port to Ps4/5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series S/X.. There is yet to be an announcement date.
- Rage of the Dragons features a 2 on 2 tag team system, in which the player takes control of two characters and can switch between one or the other during gameplay.
- Compared to other Neo Geo fighters, ROTD does have unique mechanics such as Impact Attacks, which juggle the opponent in the air and presents you with a fixed button combination above the super meter to press. After successfully performing the button combination, you can follow up into a special or super attack. Surrender, which gives your partner your remaining health and extends their super meter from 3 to 5. Duplex Attack, which calls in your partner to attack the opponent simultaneously. Spot Dodge, which allows you to dodge your opponent's attacks. Breakable Walls, which allow you to juggle your opponent off of them on a knockdown. Breakable walls also extend the stage and cannot be replenished after use.