SuperCombo is for the FGC, by GBL. We don't run ads or sell user data. If you enjoy the site, consider supporting our work.
|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
Kurata Sayuri (EFZ)
Kurata Sayuri (倉田 佐祐理) is an formal, elegant character who fights using her magical girl powers. She has good normals, projectiles, some decent way of attacking overhead, a command grab, and a 100%-reliable counter, making her one of the most well-rounded characters in the game.
Sayuri is actually a supporting character of Kanon, a visual novel produced by Key in 1999. She is a normal third-year student at the high school that Yuuichi goes to, and has been best friends with Mai since they first met during first-year. She is very polite and formal, but has a strange habit of addressing herself in the third person. During Kanon, Sayuri supports Yuuichi becoming Mai's friend and does what she can for them, and she stubbornly stays by Mai's side even as the strange incidents surrounding Mai continue to escalate...
Stage: Courtyard of the Lunch Break (昼休みの中庭)
BGM: The Girls' Opinions (彼女たちの見解)
- Sayuri is able to air jump once, and air dash/backstep once.
- Sayuri's ground dash is actually an air dash that moves forward-up at 45 degrees. Therefore, Sayuri does not have any dashing attacks. Any attacks she does during her "ground" dash will be considered jumping attacks.
- Sayuri's ground dashes do not actually count as air dashes/backsteps, so she is free to jump or dash/backstep at the end of her "ground" dash.
The notation for the movelists can be found under Move List Notation (EFZ).
- Sayuri does a basic slap directly forward.
- Sayuri does a knifehand "jab" parellel to the ground.
- Sayuri does a short punch forward, at her torso height level.
- Sayuri does a quick kick to the shins.
- Sayuri does a swipe with her wand directly in front of her.
- Sayuri stabs her wand (transformed into a sword) out a decent distance, forward and angled slightly upwards.
- Sayuri kicks her foot out forwards and slightly down.
- Sayuri points her wand (transformed into a large piledriver) out in front of her, and then fires the weapon. Both actions count as hits. This move can be cancelled after the first hit, and the second hit will knock the opponent back a large distance.
- Sayuri swings her wand (transformed into a morning star) upwards, from the ground to above her head.
- Sayuri points the tip of her wand (transformed into a spinning blade) out, diagonally down-forward.
- Sayuri grabs the opponent and casually tosses them behind her.
- Sayuri grabs the opponent by the neck, generates energy in her grabbing hand, and slams them into the ground diagonally down-forward.
The notation for the movelists can be found under Move List Notation (EFZ).
|Ah, got your skill~|
|> Magical☆Cutter [During block-stun of the last move caught]|
|Magical☆Agents [SP Level 1-3]|
|Magical☆Pressure [SP Level 1-3]|
|Magical☆Thunder [SP Level 1-3]|
|Magical☆On Stage [1/3 HP, SP Level 3]|
- A version: Sayuri shoots a slow moving star along the ground low.
- B version: Sayuri shoots a slow moving star along the ground high.
- C version: Sayuri essentially does the A version and B version in quick succession.
- j.A version: Sayuri shoots a slow moving star directly forward.
- j.B version: Sayuri shoots a slow moving star angled slightly downwards.
- j.C version: Sayuri shoots a slow moving star angled more downwards than the j.B version.
- TK THIS IT'S AMAZING. Can be followed on the ground by executing her ground dash as soon as it hits (at about 2-3 characters lengths away). Follow up on the B/C version is be dashing forward as soon as possible, j.C>land>2C>jump>jB>jC. Might be possible to continue?
- A version:
- Sayuri quickly slashes her wand (transformed into a sword) horizontally about half the screen. This attack moves Sayuri closer to the opponent.
- This is a pretty useful move, as it is quick and has good range. It can also be IC cancelled to work as a launcher to continue a combo.
- B version:
- Sayuri slashes her wand (transformed into a sword) vertically up, and then back down. The first hit will not connect if the opponent is standing right next to you.
- Less useful than the A version. It's a bit slower than the A version, and if the first hit is blocked, the second hit can easily be RGed.
- C version:
- Sayuri slashes her wand (transformed into a sword) vertically up, back down, and then horizontally across half the screen. The second hit is an overhead, and the third hit will wallbounce the opponent if they are knocked back to the corner.
Ah, got your skill~ (あ、コツ掴みましたー)
- Sayuri poses with her hand ready for a second. If Sayuri is attacked by a counterable move within a half-second of the start of the pose, she automatically catches the opponent and throws them. She will also remember the move used against her for her "Magical☆Cutter" move.
- Use this when you see a move the opponent uses a lot, or a move that is essential to their BnB because then...
- If Sayuri blocks the move remembered by her "Ah, got your skill~" move, she will flash completely white while in block stun. Pushing any attack button during this time will cause her to perform a rising circular kick. Sayuri is completely invincible while rising up.
- Very useful to throw off your opponent's groove. They'll have to try to hit confirm you before using the move you've caught, or they'll have to stop using it entirely. Especially useful because you can change which move you counter for constant mixups.
- Sayuri dashes forward a bit. If she catches the enemy, she slams them into the wall in front of her (regardless of how far away it is). C version also has a wallbounce property, and can be followed up in the air.
- A and B version can be delayed after a blockstring to catch an opponent off guard. If timed correctly you'll catch them right in between the time when they stop guarding and the time their attack happens.
Magical☆On Stage (マジカル☆オンステージ)
Strategy, Tactics, and Combos
BnB combo: (close) 5BB 5C [cancel after first hit] 41236B. Does about 1800 damage, and doesn't require any RF or SP bar. If the opponent is against a corner, you can use the 41236B after the second hit of the 5C, which will add about 300 damage more to your combo.
Corner loop: (close, in corner) 623A [IC] 5B 2C [jump] j.B [delay] j.C [land] 5B 2C [repeat as needed]. Does about 4200 damage (if you end it as described above). The j.B hits almost as soon as you jump, the j.C is right before you land. You MAY be able to continue the loop, but I'm not sure, and I've yet to find a good ending for it. You can use a Red IC for this combo for reduced damage (obviously).
Magical☆Shot follow-up: 236A/B 66 j.B j.C [jump] j.B j.C. Does about 2400 damage. Useful if you hit an opponent with a standing 236A/B. Continue the ground dash until you're just above the opponent. Works from about 2-3 character widths away.
No-name combo: 2369B 66 j.C [land] 5B 2C [jump] jB jC ([land] 5B 2C?). Does about 3000 damage? This combo is sort of hard to time. You need to dash AS SOON AS YOU CAN after you've finished the Magical☆Shot. The damage is well worth the followup, though, as TKed Shots are a pain in the ass.
Tactics go here
Tiltowait [TRANSLATION NEEDED]
("Tiltowait" is a Level 7 Mage Spell from the game Wizardry. It is the strongest magic, causing a nuclear explosion and damages all monster groups.)
- Sayuri's "Magical☆Sword" move is based on Gambit's "Cajun Slash" move, from Marvel vs. Capcom 2.
- Sayuri's "Ah, got your skill~" move is based on Chaka's "Okuetazo" move, from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
- Sayuri's "Magical☆Cutter" move is based on Rugal's "Genocide Cutter" move, from The King of Fighters series.
- Sayuri's "Magical☆Smash" move is based on Omega Rugal's "Gravity Smash" move, from the The King of Fighters series.
- Sayuri's "Magical☆Press" move is based on Rugal's "God Press" move, from the The King of Fighters series.
- Sayuri's "Magical☆Pressure" move is based on Rugal's "Gigantic Pressure" move, from the The King of Fighters series.
- Sayuri's "Magical☆Thunder" move is based on Benimaru Nikaido's "Electrigger" move, from the The King of Fighters series.
- Sayuri's "Magical☆On Stage" move is based on Rugal's "Dead End Screamer" move, from the The King of Fighters series.