|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
- FightCade : https://www.fightcade.com An online plateform for arcade gaming, where people gather to play online and chat about the game.
- Discord Fightcade Group : https://discord.gg/q9ys2Wp A Discord group useful for finding people to play Fightcade games with.
- f - Forward - Tilt stick forward/towards the opponent. (X-axis)
- b - Backward/Back - Tilt stick backward/away from the opponent. (X-axis)
- u - Up - Tilt stick upwards. (Y-axis)
- d - Down - Tilt stick downwards. (Y-axis)
- qcf - Quarter circle forward/Hadouken/Fireball - Tilt stick downwards, then to downwards and forward, then forward.
- qcb - Quarter circle backward - Tilt stick downwards, then to downwards and backward, then backward.
- hcf - Half circle forward - Tilt stick backwards, then to downwards and backward, then to downward, then to downwards and forward, then forward.
- hcb - Half circle backward - Tilt stick forwards, then to downwards and forward, then to downward, then to downwards and backward, then backward.
- dp - Dragon punch - Tilt stick forwards, then to downward, then to downward and forward.
- Charge - Hold a tilt - Hold the stick in either B or D (Depending) then move to F or U respectively.
X-axis functions can be used interchangeably with Y-axis functions and vice versa. X-axis functions cannot be used in conjunction with another X-axis function and vice versa.
- A - weak slash
- B - medium slash
- AB - fierce slash
- Slash - any slash
- C - weak kick
- D - medium kick
- CD - fierce kick
- Kick = any kick
- st. - The following move should be performed in the standing position (neutral in the Y-axis).
- cr. - The following move should be performed in the crouched position (held down in the Y-axis).
- j. - The following move should be performed in the "in the air" position (After having held up in the Y-axis).
- cl. - The following move should be performed close to the opponent.
- + : Used between two other pieces of notation to signify that they should be performed at the same time. i.e. "X" + "Y", "X" should be performed at the same time as "Y".
- xx : Used between two other pieces of notation to signify that the first should be cancelled (Interrupted earlier than it would finish otherwise) into the second. i.e. "X" xx "Y", "X" should be cancelled into "Y".
Press forward twice. Your character will keep running for a while even after you stop pressing forward, unless you cancel the run into something. Can be cancelled any time into:
- Attack: you can press back to make normals come out faster (otherwise your character will keep running for a while before doing the normal). Certain attacks can vary when done while running (for example, Genjuro's running AB is his close AB instead of his far standing AB, Jubei's A and B change into their crouching versions, etc.).
- Throw: B / AB or D / CD near your opponent. More info in the throws section.
- Forward roll: press df while running.
Press back twice. The lenght of the backdash varies depending on the character. Backdashes have a few recovery frames upon landing.
Holding forward after you input a backdash will make you run as soon as you touch the floor.
- b/ BC to Back hop. (has some lower body and throw invulnerability).
- f/ BC to neutral hop (has some lower body and throw invulnerability).
d/ x2 is to duck, making you invulnerable to anything except lows or throws.
d/b x2 or d/f x2 to roll (briefly fully invulnerable)
f/ or b/ A, B, AB, or CD
hold b/ 1 frame before a slash hits you
you lose your weapon by either losing a sword clash battle or getting hit by your opponent's super
In SamSho 2, there are two types of items that are occasionaly thrown onto the screen by Hikyaku the courier. food and bombs. if you get the food, a bit of your health regenerates. If you stand near a bomb for too long and don't block, the explosion will knock your character down, and cause you to lose health.
More on Throws
- throws and command grabs are especially powerful due to the fact that they deal decent damage, they can’t be broken, the startup is instant, and unless a special move specifically has throw invulnerability in it, any move, be it a normal or a special can be beaten by a grab or command throw -- even during its active frames.
Note: This is from an outdated Japanese matchup chart
88 Ukyo, 84 Charlotte, 84 Kyoshiro
78 Genan, 75 Cham Cham
74 Earthquake, 71 Jubei, 70 Sieger
67 Genjuro, 65 Galford, 62 Wan-Fu, 61 Nicotine
59 Hanzo, 58 Haohmaru, 53 Nakoruru
- Arcade (MVS)
- Neo Geo (AES)
- Neo Geo CD
- Neo Geo Pocket Color