Notation and Terms
u = 8 = up
d = 2 = down
f = 6 = forward
b = 4 = backwards
uf = 9 = upforwards
ub = 7 = upback
df = 3 = down forward
db = 1 = down back
qcf = quarter circle forward (d, df, f = 236 motion)
qcb = quarter circle back (d, db, b = 214 motion)
hcf = half circle forward (b, db, d, df, f = 41236 motion)
hcb = half ci rcle back (f, df, d, db, b = 63214 motion)
A = LP
B = LK
C = HP
D = HK
cr. = crouching
cl. = standing close
st. = standing (far) attack
j. = jump
sj. / hj. = super jump / hyper jump
h. = hop
hh. = hyper-hop
XY = X + Y
(X) - means to charge. Thus, (X) Y means charge X, then Y _X - means to charge. Thus, _X Y means charge X, then Y
- BC = max mode (actually the max mode command...)
- DM = desperation move
- SDM = super desperation
- HSDM = hidden super desperation move
- SC = Super cancel
- FCI = free cancellable in
- FCO = free cancellable out of
- OTG = "On The Ground". A move that may hit a knocked down opponent.
- X, Y - follow X with Y without cancelling
- X > Y - cancel X into Y
- X >> Y - super cancel / free cancel / max mode cancel X into Y (depending if Y is: DM or SDM / special or command attack / BC)
- BC ~ move - max mode by pass.
cl.C > f + A >> BC ~ DM qcf hcb + C
Means that you should do:
cl.C > f + A >> DM qcf hcb + BC
- (number) - the most number of hits of that attack allowed such that you can still cancel into the next one and the combo to still work. For example, C (1) > f + A for Kula means that the combo requires her to cancel the C on the first hit. She can also cancel the C on the second hit, but some of her combos may not work right depending on when you cancel the C, due to spacing. If there is no number after an attack, it means you can cancel it on any hit, preferably the last one.
- (move) - groups moves together when there are multiple alternatives. For example, C f + B/(qcf + B, dp + B) means you can do C, then either a f + B, or qcf + B followed by dp + B, but not f + B followed by qcf + B or dp + B.
- [move] - optional, can be omitted for easier input or if distancing is an issue.
- / - means there is an alternative move you can do. For example, the attack string
C > f + A / f + B > qcb + A / (qcf + B, dp + B) means after the C, you can do either f + A or f + B, and after either of those, you can do either qcb + A, or qcf + B, dp + B.
- Buffer: - this means that the attack motion can be buffered such that it can still be done with a less complex motion. For example, take the combo C > qcb P > qcb hcf K. Since there is an overlapping motion of qcb, one of them can be removed. Thus, the buffered version of the same combo is C > qcb + P > hcf + K. This can be further buffered since there is an overlapping back direction in this combo. Therefore, a further buffered version of this combo is C > qcb + P > qcf + K. Thus, this combo will be listed as C > qcb + P > qcb hcf + K (Buffer: qcf +K), which means you can do the combo how it is listed until you reach the Buffer part, in which case you use that motion instead of the full motion of the move.
- ~ - link
- (S) - supercancel
- (C) - free cancel (max mode)