|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
7 8 9 4 5 6 A B C D 1 2 3
The 9-point numerical direction system refers to the directions in which your pad or stick can be moved, with 7 8 9 being up left, up, and up right, 4 5 6 being left, neutral, and right, and 1 2 3 being down left, down, and down right. Thus 236 is QCF (quarter circle forward).
This being a fighting game, and one designed by SNK closer to the likes of KOF, it will use KOF terminology. Familiarize yourself with the notation for motion inputs like so:
- QCF: 236; quarter circle forward
- QCB: 214; quarter circle back
- DP: 623; dragon punch
- RDP: 421; reverse dragon punch
- HCF: 41236; half circle forward
- HCB: 63214; half circle back
- DB, HCB, DF: 1632143; the infamous Pretzel motion
- 360: full circle; self-explanatory, perform a full circle motion
- QCB, HCF: 2141236; commonly associated with Kyo's super, "Orochinagi"
- QCF, HCB: 2363214; commonly associated with a common super in SNK games, the "Ranbu super"
- A = Light Punch
- B = Light Kick
- C = Strong Punch
- D = Strong Kick
- AB = Forward Throw
- CD = Back Throw
- CD (when blocking) = Blowback Attack
- P = With either Light Punch or Strong Punch
- K = With either Light Kick or Strong Kick
- X = Any button