Super Street Fighter IV AE/Yun
SuperCombo is for the FGC, by GBL. We don't run ads or sell user data. If you enjoy the site, consider supporting our work.
|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
Yun is the twin brother of Yang, and was taught kung-fu by Gen at the consent of their uncle, Lee. Of the twins, Yun is the older - outgoing, cocky, and a troublemaker. When he heard Chun-Li, an acquaintance of the twins, was entering the tournament, he decided to follow her, with Yang tagging along to keep him in line.
In a nutshell
Of the twins, Yun is more geared to staying in the opponent's face and constantly attacking them. Even after the nerfs brought in 2012, Yun still has a devastating mixup game with his Dive Kicks, Flip Grabs, and hard-hitting high-low combos, as well as his Palms, which can be either feinted or used to build meter in addition for attacking. In Third Strike, Yun was infamous for his Genei Jin, a Super Art that changed his moves to allow for deadly juggles and resets. While no longer dependent on it as in Third Strike, the Genei Jin is still quite deadly here. Yun's main weaknesses are his stamina and defense, his stamina being the third lowest in the game and his wakeup options being limited to unsafe Dragon Kicks. Even with these setbacks, skilled Yun players can often end matches roughly a minute after they start.
Players to Watch
Kazunoko, Hsien Chang
AE ver. 2012 Changes
Target Combo 2
Changed damage from 60 + 40 + 50 (150 total) to 50 + 30 + 40 (120 total).
Target Combo 3
Changed damage from 80 + 70 (150 total) to 65 + 55 (120 total). Made super-cancelable off second hit.
Target Combo 4
Changed damage from 50 + 50 + 60 (160 total) to 50 + 35 + 48 (133 total) when executed from a far standing medium punch. Increased 2nd hit recovery by 2F, leaving attacker with a -6F (dis)advantage on a block.
Target Combo 5
Changed damage from 20 + 30 + 40 (90 total) to 20 + 20 + 32 (72 total).
Crouching Light Kick
Expanded hurtbox upward after hitbox becomes active.
Crouching Medium Punch
Changed damage from 60 to 50.
Changed EX version’s startup from 5F to 8F, and removed throw-invincibility. Increased startup from 7F to 10F for light, medium, and heavy versions.
EX Zesshou Hohou
Changed division of hit detection period from 7F + 2F to 3F + 6F. Shortened block stun by 2F. This leaves the attacker with a -1F (dis)advantage when blocked at close range.
Increased command input height restriction. Changed landing stun from 4F to 6F. Lengthened hit stun and block stun by 2F.
Changed Super Meter build-up from 30 to 20 when medium or heavy version is executed. No change to Super Meter build-up when attack connects. Extended total frame count for light, medium, and heavy versions by 2F, taking the light version to 25F, and the medium and heavy versions to 45F. Changed damage from 160 to 140, and stun from 250 to 200 for medium and heavy versions. Changed chip damage from 40 to 30 for medium and heavy versions. Changed hitbox active period from 15F to 10F for medium and heavy versions.
Eliminated invincibility from light version at 6th frame after start. Shortened distance medium, heavy, and EX versions jump forward. Lengthened landing stun by 3F only for light and EX versions when attack whiffs. Changed medium version’s damage from 70 + 60 (130 total) to 70 + 40 (110 total).
Changed heavy version’s damage from 140 to 100. Added mid-move strike hurtbox on all versions. Changed timing of projectile invincibility for the heavy version from 6th to 18th frame after the start of the move. Changed EX version’s damage from 80 + 70 (150 total) to 90 + 40 (130 total).
Shortened length of effect by 1 second. Changed damage during Senpukyaku from 85 to 80.
Changed from 1000 to 950.
Near Standing Light Kick / Far Standing Light Kick
Lengthened block stun by 1F, giving the attacker a possible +2F advantage when blocked.
1. Crouching LK x2, Standing LP, Standing MP, Lunge Punch - Max Damage 157
2. Crouching MP x2, Standing MP, Dragon Kick (Nishou Kyaku) - Max Damage 258
3. Crouching LP or LK x2, Standing LP, Standing MP, Dragon Kick - Max Damage 195
4. Crouching LK, Crouching LP, Standing LP, Standing MP, Dragon Kick - Max Damage 175
5. Crouching LP, Standing LP x2, Dragon Kick - Max Damage 164
6. Command Grab, Crouching MP, Standing MP, Dragon Kick - Damage 222
7. Standing LP, Standing LK, Standing MP, EX Lunge Punch, LP Lunge Punch - Damage 242
8. Dive Kick (Raigekishuu), Crouching LK, Standing LP, Crouching MP, Standing MP, Lunge Punch (or Upkicks) - Max Damage 238
9. Dive Kick, Crouching LK x2, Standing LP x2, Standing MP, Shoulder (Tetsuzan Kou) - Damage 187
10. Dive Kick, Crouching LK x2, Standing LP, Standing MP, Dragon Kick - Max Damage 210
11. Dive Kick, Crouching LP, Crouching LK, Standing LP, Standing MP, Lunge Punch - Max Damage 205
12. Dive Kick, Crouching MP x2, Standing MP, Dragon Kick - Max Damage 287
13. Dive Kick, Crouching LK x3, Standing LK, LP Dash Punch - Damage 173
14. Dive Kick, Crouching MP x2, Crouching MK, Dash Punch - Max Damage 276
Ultra 1 Combos
1. EX Lunge Punch, Ultra 1 - Damage 440
2. Ultra 1, EX Shoulder (or EX Lunge) - Max Damage 487
3. Corner - HP Shoulder, Ultra 1 - Damage 440
4. Dive Kick, Crouching MP, Standing MP, EX Lunge, Ultra 1, EX Shoulder (or EX Lunge) - Damage 486
Genei Jin Combos
Starter: Target Combo 5, LP Shoulder xx Super -->
1. HK, LP Lunge, f.MK x3, standing MP, f.MK, HP Palm, LP Lunge, MP, f.MK x2, f.HP, LP Lunge, cr.MK xx Jump Cancel Dive Kick Reset