Super Street Fighter IV AE/Yang
SuperCombo is for the FGC, by GBL. We don't run ads or sell user data. If you enjoy the site, consider supporting our work.
|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
Yang is the younger of the Lee twins. Unlike his brother Yun, Yang is quiet, reserved, and more analytical. When Yun sets out after Chun-Li, Yang follows in order to keep his brother out of trouble.
In a nutshell
While Yun focuses more on extreme offense, Yang takes a simpler, more balanced approach. Yang's Mantis Slashes are easy to use and very effective both in and out of combos. His command dashes enable him to quickly surprise the opponent and punish them while shocked. His up kicks also make for decent anti-airs, and from a distance, the HK and EX up kicks (as well as Ultra 2) can punish fireball characters should they misuse their projectiles. Although Yang's Seiei Enbu is no Genei Jin, it is still very potent and can often lead into simple Ultra combos. With all these tools, the only thing working against him is his extremely weak damage output. Even after a full combo, Yang can still find himself trailing behind in life points. More often than not, he must go on the offensive, and should the opponent find an opening through Yang's offense, he will have a tough time tilting the match back into his favor. Still, if you can use Yang's tools effectively and not give the opponent a chance to breathe, the match is yours.
Players to Watch
is not so steep
is not steep at all
kicks straight up
version is a feint
AE ver. 2012 Changes
Crouching Light Kick
Changed damage from 30 to 20. Expanded hurtbox upward after hit detection starts.
Changed damage from 80 to 70. Changed to 60 during a Seiei Enbu.
Far Standing Medium Punch
Forward Jumping Medium Kick
EX Zenpou Tenshin
Shrunk throw hitbox. Changed startup from 7F to 8F. Removed throw-invincibility.
Changed light/medium version’s final hit damage from 75 to 60. Changed heavy version’s final hit damage from 80 to 60. Made block string to final hit possible for EX version. EX version only changed so as not to trigger on button release.
Changed meter build-up from 20 to 10 for medium and heavy versions. Changed total frame count to 26F for light, 41F for medium, and 45F for heavy version. No change to total frame count during a Seiei Enbu. Changed heavy version’s damage from 150 to 140, chip damage from 38 to 30, and stun from 250 to 200. Shortened hitbox active period from 13F to 9F for medium and heavy versions.
Target Combo 2
Changed damage from 150 to 130 when fully hits. Shortened distance 2nd hit pushes back when blocked. Lengthened 2nd hit’s recovery by 4F, giving a -7F (dis)advantage when blocked.
Changed stun from 100 to 50. Changed landing stun from 4F to 6F. Added hurtbox to foot area as soon as the move starts.
Removed projectile invincibility from start to 5th frame of heavy version. Removed projectile invincibility from medium version. Shrunk hitboxes across all versions. Given attacker a -4F (dis)advantage with EX Focus→Dash on a block for all versions.
Shortened length of effect by 1 second. Set chip damage to 1/8 normal damage.
Changed startup at close range from 4F to 7F. Changed final hit damage to 90 when not locked.
Changed stun from 1000 to 950.
Near Standing Light Kick
Far Standing Light Kick Changed startup from 3F to 5F. No change to startup during a Seiei Enbu.
Target Combo 3
Made 3rd hit super-cancelable. Made opponent get knocked down when 3rd hit connects.
Up From Prone
Removed total invincibility from all frames after action becomes possible.
Prevented special canceling between 24th and 25th frame of backward dash.
You can start with Dive Kick on most of these combos.
1. crouching LK x3, HP Slashes (Tourou Zan)
2. crouching LP, standing LP, crouching MK, EX Dragon Kicks (Senkyuutai)
3. close standing MP, crouching MK xx Slashes
4. Command Grab, Standing HP, Slashes
5. Crouching LK, Standing LP, Crouching MK, Slashes
6. Crouching LP x3, Crouching MK, Slashes
7. Standing LP x2, Crouching MK, Slashes
8. Dive Kick, Crouching LP, Standing LP, Crouching LP, Crouching MK, Slashes
9. (Corner) - Close MK, Palm (Byakou), EX Dragon Kick
10. (Corner) - Standing LP x2, Crouching MK, Slashes (2-hits) xx FADC, Close MK, MP Palm, Dragon Kicks
11. (Corner) - EX Palm, MP Palm, st.HP (if near wall)
12. (Corner) - EX Palm, st.MK Launcher, HK Dragon Kick
13. (Corner) - Target Combo 2, EX Dragon Kicks (only works on Seth, Honda, Rose, DJ, Gouken, Cammy, Balrog, Dhalsim)
14. (Corner) - Jump in HP or HK, Close MK Launcher x2, LK Dragon Kick, EX Dragon Kick
15. (Corner) - Jump in HP or HK, st.HP xx HP Slashes (3 hits) xx FADC, EX Dragon Kick
16. Close MK, Dive Kick (whiff), jump cancel, Ultra 1 or 2
17. crouching MK, HP Slashes (first two hits) xx FADC xx Ultra 2
18. crouching MK, HP Slashes (first two hits) xx FADC xx close MK, dash, Ultra 1
19. (Corner) - EX Slashes, Ultra 2
Sei'ei Enbu combos:
Corner: Standing MP, MP Palm xx Super, crouching MP, Dash, [crouching LK, crouching MP, dash, repeat until end]