SuperCombo is for the FGC, by GBL. We don't run ads or sell user data. If you enjoy the site, consider supporting our work.
|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
Super Street Fighter IV AE/E. Honda
Edmund Honda may be the greatest sumo wrestler to ever have lived and his skills as a sumo wrestler are unrivaled. However, Honda was appalled that the rest of the world did not respect his form of combat and set out to prove to the world that sumo was indeed the strongest form of martial arts there was. His journeys around the world have garnered him an eclectic set of friends, ranging from fellow wrestler Zangief to fellow food connoisseur El Fuerte and the otaku Japanophile Sodom. In order to pass on his extensive knowledge of sumo, Honda adopted a son named Jin Ichiro. He can be seen on the East Asia Overpass stage.
In a nutshell
E. Honda is a well-rounded power character who aims for getting amounts of damage within seconds of connecting a hit-confirm. His signature Hundred Hand Slap is one of the easiest moves to hit-confirm, and deals excellent damage on its own. His Headbutt is, surprisingly, both an excellent anti-ait tool and a good tool for moving him forward. If he gets in close enough, Honda can also make you respect his Oicho Throw, which has excellent invincibility for a command grab. He can also play defensive and patiently wait to time out the opponent should he have the life lead. Honda's main problem is one that has stuck to him like moths to flame - fireball characters. Any character with fireballs can make the fight an uphill battle for Honda, as there is little he can do other than jump over them and hope to punish something.
Players to Watch
Coungster, Mike Ross
AE ver. 2012 Changes
Made upper body totally invincible from start until 14th frame for light version. Changed damage until 2nd active frame from 130 to 100 for light version. Made medium version from start until 10th frame projectile-invincible and totally invincible around the foot.
Heavy Hundred Hand Slap
Expanded final hit’s hitbox forward, making it easier to connect with all characters.
Changed easy command.
Ultimate Killer Head Ram
Made KO possible even when the move’s first hit is double hit.
- Light Punch Headbutt now has lower body invincibility instead of upper body invincibility, so it will be harder to utilize it as anti air.
- Ultra 1 has projectile invincibility until the last active frame.
- Ultra 2's command has been changed to two half-circle backs from a 720 motion. It's easier to get it out now. Also, while its range increased, it starts up in 2-frames so it's possible to dodge it after screen freeze.
- Jump MP hitbox changed. Still strong as an air-to-air, but will lose more often against ground opponents.
- Far Standing HP does 120 damage in the first 3 active frames, 80 from the 4th frame after, so know it will do less damage when use as a poke against ground opponents.
- Diagonal Jump Foward HP does 100 damage now (was 120).
- During backdash, Honda is now considered airborne right after invincibility ends.