SuperCombo is for the FGC, by GBL. We don't run ads or sell user data. If you enjoy the site, consider supporting our work.
|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
Super Street Fighter IV AE/Adon
Adon, a master of Muay Thai, has always lived in the shadow of his teacher and master Sagat. Adon believed his master invincible, until Sagat's defeat at the hands of Ryu. This led Adon to believe that perhaps it was his time to reign as the world's greatest Muay Thai warrior, and he has lost respect for Sagat and aims to pass him up. In learning more about the man who defeated his master, Adon also learned about Akuma and the Satsui no Hado, and now aims to integrate the killing intent into his own Muay Thai art form.
In a nutshell
Adon is an extremely technical character who specializes in controlling space with various special moves and damage output. Many of Adon's strengths are locked away from execution but that should not be a deterrent. Strong pressure from grounded and air Jaguar Kicks, countering projectiles with EX Jaguar Tooth's, various tick setups and frame traps, multiple armor breaking moves, and various ways to hammer an opponent. Adon rewards the fundamentally strong player with a variety of mixups and tools at his disposal. However characters with strong normals can stuff some of his easier approaches, players must practice his higher execution techniques in order to fully unlock the power of Jaguar. Adon is a lethal character whose staggering damage, multiple armor breaking moves, and wave of pressure can overwhelm opponent rewards the patient and hard working player.
Players to Watch
AE ver. 2012 Changes
Adjusted position of hitbox to ease hitting of short opponents.
Close Standing Medium Punch
Shortened hitback and block push distances. Also made attacker have a -4F (dis)advantage when blocked.
Fixed issue whereby the move could slip around to the back of an opponent on the ground when hit up close. Increased the 3rd hit’s knockdown distance when fighting airborne opponents.
Made super-canceling possible on 2nd active frame of first hit for strong version. Slightly increased forward knockdown distance on first hit for the light, medium, and heavy versions to fix Adon facing the wrong way on EX Focus→Dash.
Expanded body hurtbox downward to toe of lowered leg for light and medium versions. Made expanded part of hurtbox invincible to projectiles. Changed heavy version’s damage from 140 to 130.
- Crouching Light Punch, Close Standing Medium Punch and Crouching Hard Punch all had changes made to their frame data.
- Close Standing Medium Punch, on hit, will have a frame advantage of +6, so it's possible to link specials moves to combo, although it's still not cancelable. This move was -1 on hit in SSF4.
- Far Standing Light Punch, Far Standing Medium Punch and Crouching Medium Punch were given bigger hitboxes.
- EX Jaguar Tooth will not do the yellow EX Flash until he gets to the wall and is invincible to projectiles until grounded.
- Medium Jaguar Kick's hitbox was changed, so Close Standing Hard Punch into Medium Jaguar Kick will register as a combo.
- Super's (Varied Assault) startup changed to 7 frames, down from 9 in SSF4, and the first hit's hitbox is extended downward more.
- Wakeup time was nerfed. Adon now takes longer to get up off the ground than he did in SSF4.