SuperCombo is for the FGC, by GBL. We don't run ads or sell user data. If you enjoy the site, consider supporting our work.
|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
Super Street Fighter IV/Sakura
On a chance encounter seeing a Street Fighting match involving Ryu in Japan, Sakura immediately became enamored with the world of Street Fighting. Not only becoming infatuated with Ryu, Sakura also took to learning Street Fighting skills herself, trying to mimic all of Ryu's signature moves. Her goal to meet Ryu and become his student was only half met, as Ryu rejected a role as teacher. However, Sakura continues to push forward in her fighting skills, determined one day to maybe do battle with Ryu himself.
In a nutshell
While many characters in Street Fighter require dexterity to use, Sakura is unique in that the execution must also be spot on. Sakura is not a character who gets many opportunities during a Round, but the ones she gets can lead to a huge combo that leads to a mix-up which leads to another huge combo which leads to a dizzy which leads to a win. So it's very important to not drop any of your combos. Execution is a must with Sakura, but can reward you with a sequence that can take an opponent from full health to no health just like that.
LP - a quick standing punch, can be used to connect to an EX Shunpukayku after a LK Shunpukyaku. Can also link to c.HK.
LK - fairly quick, can be linked after a LK Shunpukyaku to an EX Shunpukyaku or Shouoken.
MP - a thrusting punch with decent range.
MK - up close can be used to connect an EX Shunpukyaku after a LK Shunpukyaku. From a distance is a decent standing poke.
HP - a beefy standing punch that is good for comboing.
HK - a roundhouse with decent range and is good for poking.
LP - a quick crouching jab that can be linked into an EX Shunpukyaku after a LK Shunpukyaku.
LK - a quick shoe scuffing kick that can be linked into an EX Shunpukyaku after a LK Shunpukyaku.
MP - a hammer like punch, can be used for some combos.
MK - one of her better poking tools, has good range and can be buffered to Shouoken.
HP - forces stand on crouching opponents, good to combo into EX Shunpukyaku or Shouoken.
HK - a decent sweep. Can be linked after a s.LP.
LP - The Heisman, used in resets.
LK - a good crossup. Used in resets.
MP - a good air to air move, beats many attacks in air.
MK - now crosses up.
HP - good jumping in tool, good for combos.
HK - good jumping in tool, good for combos. Neutral jumping HK works well as an air to air attack.
Flower Kick - F+MK- Her overhead.
MP+MK - One of the better FA's in the game, has great range.
D,DF,F+P- Hadoken - Her projectile. Not as potent as Ryu or Ken's, but can be used somewhat for zoning, depending on the opponent. Does not travel full screen. Can be used to negate projectiles. Not recommended to outzone Shotos. Can be charged if you hold the punch button. EX Version hits twice.
F,D,DF+P- Shouoken- Her Dragon Punch. Good to use in combos, or buffered with her c.MK. Can FADC out of for mixups and if blocked. EX Version has invincibility and can be FADC'd out of if blocked.
D,DB,B+K- Shunpukyaku- Her Hurricane Kick. The LK, HK, and EX versions are recommended. LK can lead to links. HK should be used if you don't want to use meter, but doing so gives up the options to create resets, as opposed to the EX Version. Can MK, HK, and EX Versions can go over projectiles at a close distance with good timing. Can also be done in air.
F,D,DF+K- Sakura Otoshi- Not a recommended move but can be used to go over projectiles. EX Version homes in and is recommended. Can be used after an EX Shunpu.
QCBx2+K- Haru Ichiban- Hits low and does good damage, but shouldn't be used unless it will win the match or put the match heavily in your favor. Doing so uses all EX meter needed for her EX Shunpu mixups.
I. QCBx2+KKK- Haru Ranman- Not the recommended Ultra, but does net a fair amount of damage. Hits low and can be used after an EX Shunpu launch. Dash forward in open space to land it, but you don't have to in the corner.
II. QCFx2+PPP/KKK- Shinku Hadoken- Does not net as much damage, but is much easier to land and is recommended. Use the PPP for the standing version, or KKK for air version. After an EX Shunpu, immediately input the air version for the easiest method.
- 70 cr.LP xx cr.LP xx cr.LP, cr.LK
- 77 cr.LP xx cr. LP xx cr.LP, s.LK
- 88 cr.LK, cr.LP, cr.MK
- 91 s.LP xx s.LP xx s.LP, s.LK
- 92 cr.LK, cr.LP, cr.MP
- 98 cr.LP xx cr.LP xx cr.LP, cr.MK
- 100 s.LK, s.LK, s.LK, s.LK
- 102 cr.LP xx cr.LP xx cr.LP, cr.MP
- 110 s.LP xx s.LP, s.MP
- 117 s.LK, s.LK, s.LP, cr.MK
- 121 s.LK, s.LK, s.LP, cr.MP
- 123 s.LP xx s.LP xx s.LP, s.MP
- 128 s.LK, s.LK, s.LP, s.MP
Sakura relies heavily on her Shunpukyaku links and combos to create her offense. Without them, she has little to work with other than her Shouoken for damage. Learn and practice these links. There are slight variations and it is up to you to find them, and many are character specific. Remember after an EX Shunpukyaku you can do Ultra or start a mixup that can lead right back to these Shunpu Links. Also, instead of linking to another Shunpukyaku, you can opt for an EX Shouoken FADC for a chance of more mixups.
Here is a list of what loop to use for each character to get as much damage out as possible:
cl.HP xx LK Shunpukyaku, c.HP xx LK Shunpukyaku, c.HP xx EX Shunpukyaku
works for Abel, Boxer, Dhalsim, Dudley and Juri
cl.HP xx LK Shunpukyaku, c.HP xx LK Shunpukyaku, s.LK xx EX Shunpukyaku
works for Akuma, Blanka, Cammy, Claw, Cody, C.Viper, Dictator, El Fuerte, Feilong Honda, Gouken, Guile, Guy, Ibuki Makoto, Rose, Rufus, Sagat, Seth, Sakura, T.Hawk and Zangief
cl.HP xx LK Shunpukyaku, c.HP/s.LK xx EX Shunpukyaku
works for Adon, Dan, Deejay Gen, Hakan, Ken and Ryu
Useful character specific-loops:
cl.HP xx LK Shunpukyaku, c.HP xx LK Shunpukyaku, c.mk xx HP Shooken or c.hk
works for Adon
cl.MK xx LK Shunpukyaku, cl.HP xx LK Shunpukyaku, c.HP xx LK Shunpukyaku, c.mk xx HP Shooken or c.hk (c.hk is Deejay only)
works for Adon, Deejay
- Updated this with the SSFIV-characters and compressed it so that it only contains the most important combos! -SkatanMilla
Shunpu Link Summary
LK Shunpukyaku, c.LP - (80 DMG/ 150 STN)
LK Shunpukyaku, c.LK - (80 DMG/ 150 STN)
LK Shunpukyaku, s.LP - (85 DMG/ 150 STN)
LK Shunpukyaku, s.LK - (85 DMG/ 150 STN)
LK Shunpukyaku, s.cl MK - (120 DMG/ 200 STN)
LK Shunpukyauk, c.HP - (150 DMG/ 220 STN)
Bread and Butters
(can be preceded with jump-in, cross-up, or FA/SA of choice)
- 120 L Shouoken, M Shouken
- 125 MP xx Hadoken
- 138 s.LP, cr.MP xx Hadoken
- 144 s.LP xx s.LP, cr.MP xx Hadoken
- 148 s.HP xx FAx1 (Requires 2 Meters)
- 160 s.HP xx Hadoken
- 165 MP xx EX Hadoken (Requires 1 Meter)
- 166 MP xx Hadoken xx FAx1 (Requires 2 Meters)
- 168 s.HK xx FAx1 (Requires 2 Meters)
- 170 s.LP, cr. MP xx EX Hadoken (Requires 1 Meter)
- 172 s.LP xx s.LP, cr.MP xx EX Hadoken (Requires 1 Meter)
- 173 s.LP, s.HP xx Hadoken
- 174 s.LP, cr.MP xx Hadoken xx FAx1 (Requires 2 Meters)
- 174 s.LP xx s.LP, cr.MP xx Hadoken xx FAx1 (Requires 2 Meters)
- 200 s.HP xx EX Hadoken (Requires 1 Meter)
- 202 s.HP xx Hadoken xx FAx1 (Requires 2 Meters)
- 205 s.LP, cr.HP xx EX Hadoken (Requires 1 Meter)
- 209 s.LP, s.HP xx Hadoken xx FAx1 (Requires 2 Meters)
- 220 MP xx H Shouoken
- 255 HP xx H Shouoken
- 265 MP xx EX Shouken (Requires 1 Meter)
- 281 cr.MK xx EX Shunpu, Sakura Otoshi x 3 (Requires 1 Meter)
- 300 HP xx EX Shouoken (Requires 1 Meter)
- 321 HP xx EX Shunpu, Sakura Otoshi x 3 (Requires 1 Meter)
- 351 s.HP xx L Shunpu, cr.HP xx H Shouoken
Hit Confirm Combos
Dizzy / Focus Crumple Combos
- 357 cr.MK xx L Shunpu, cr.HP xx EX Shunpu, Sakura Otoshi x 3 (Requires 1 Meter)
- 384 s.HP xx L Shunpu, cr.HP xx EX Shouoken (Requires 1 Meter)
- 397 s.HP xx L Shunpu, cr.HP xx EX Shunpu, Sakura Otoshi x 3 (Requires 1 Meter)
- 402 s.HP xx L Shunpu, cr.HP xx L Shunpu xx s.LK xx EX Shunpu, Sakura Otoshi x 3 (Requires 1 Meter)
Combos Into Supers
- 480 s.HP xx Haru Ichiban (Requires 4 Meters)
- 500 s.HK xx Haru Ichiban (Requires 4 Meters)
- 511 s.HP xx H Shouken xx Haru Ichiban (Requires 4 Meters)
Combos Into Ultras
- Haru Ranman (Ultra I)
- 481 s.HP xx L Shunpu, cr.HP xx L Shunpu, s.LK xx EX Shunpu, Dash, Haru Ranman (Requires 1 Meter)
- 502 HP xx EX Shunpu, Dash, Haru Ranman (Requires 1 Meter)
- 524 s.HP xx L Shunpu, cr.HP xx EX Shunpu, Dash, Haru Ranman (Requires 1 Meter)
- Shinku Hadoken (Ultra II)
- Air Shunpukyuaku > Shinku Hadoken (Corner Only)
- Vs. Abel
To Be Written (TBW)
- Vs. Adon
- Vs. Akuma
- Vs. Balrog
- Vs. Blanka
- Vs. C. Viper
- Vs. Cammy
- Vs. Chun Li
- Vs. Cody
- Vs. Dan
- Vs. Dee Jay
- Vs. Dhalsim
- Vs. Dudley
- Vs. E. Honda
- Vs. El Fuerte
- Vs. Fei Long
- Vs. Gen
- Vs. Gouken
- Vs. Guile
- Vs. Guy
- Vs. Hakan
- Vs. Ibuki
- Vs. Juri
- Vs. Ken
- Vs. M. Bison
- Vs. Makoto
- Vs. Rose
- Vs. Rufus
- Vs. Ryu
- Vs. Sagat
- Vs. Sakura
- Vs. Seth
- Vs. T. Hawk
- Vs. Vega
- Vs. Zangief