|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
- F - Forward - Tilt stick forward/towards the opponent. (X-axis)
- B - Backward/Back - Tilt stick backward/away from the opponent. (X-axis)
- U - Up - Tilt stick upwards. (Y-axis)
- D - Down - Tilt stick downwards. (Y-axis)
- QCF - Quarter circle forward/Hadouken/Fireball - Tilt stick downwards, then to downwards and forward, then forward.
- QCB - Quarter circle backward - Tilt stick downwards, then to downwards and backward, then backward.
- HCF - Half circle forward - Tilt stick backwards, then to downwards and backward, then to downward, then to downwards and forward, then forward.
- HCB - Half circle backward - Tilt stick forwards, then to downwards and forward, then to downward, then to downwards and backward, then backward.
- DP - Dragon punch - Tilt stick forwards, then to downward, then to downward and forward.
- 360/FC - Full circle - Complete a full rotation of the stick.
- 720 - N/A - Complete a 720 degree rotation of the stick.
- Charge - Hold a tilt - Hold the stick in either B or D (Depending) then move to F or U respectively.
X-axis functions can be used interchangeably with Y-axis functions and vice versa. X-axis functions cannot be used in conjunction with another X-axis function and vice versa.
In addition to the letter notation, an Unicode arrow notation will be used. The symbols →, ↓, ← will be employed assuming your character is facing right, which is the initial position for the first player when a round starts. Thus, → will denote towards, ↓ denotes down, ← means back and ↑ means up. Finally, the symbols ↙, ↘, ↗ and ↖ will denote the diagonals. Unless stated otherwise, the player on the player 2 side will just reverse the commands left to right for similar results.
Six Button Notation
- Jab - weak/low punch (also called LP)
- Strong - medium punch (also called MP)
- Fierce - heavy/high punch (also called HP)
- P - any punch
- PPP or 3P - all three punches simultaneously
- Short - weak/low kick (also called LK)
- Forward - medium kick (also called MK)
- Roundhouse (RH) - heavy/high kick (also called HK)
- K - any kick
- KKK or 3K - all three kicks simultaneously
- O. X - Where X is a character. e.g. O.Ryu. The Old version of the Ryu character.
- N. X - Where X is a character. e.g. N.Ryu. The New (relatively speaking) version of the Ryu character.
- ~ = Immediately after, e.g "Strong~Fierce" means press Fierce IMMEDIATELY after Strong
- st. - The following move should be performed in the standing position (neutral in the Y-axis). i.e. st.Fierce, perform a Fierce whilst standing.
- cr. - The following move should be performed in the crouched position (held down in the Y-axis). i.e. cr.Fierce, perform a Fierce whilst crouching.
- nj. - The following move should be performed during a neutral jump (After having held up in the Y-axis). i.e. nj.Fierce, perform a Fierce whilst in a neutral jump.
- dj. - The following move should be performed during a diagonal jump (After having held up in the Y-axis as well as some direction on the X-axis). i.e. dj.Strong, perform a Strong whilst in a diagonal jump.
- cl. - The following move should be performed 'close' to the opponent in the standing position so that the close animation of the move activates.
- WW = World Warrior
- CE = Champion Edition
- HF = Hyper Fighting = SF2T = Street Fighter 2 Turbo
- SSF2 = Super Street Fighter 2
- ST = Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
- TAP = Boxer's Turn Around Punch (hold 3P or 3K, then release)
- DP = Dragon Punch = Any Shoryuken-like move
- Claw = American Vega = Japanese Balrog
- Boxer = American Balrog = Japanese Bison
- Dictator (Dic) = American Bison = Japanese Vega
Not everyone plays on the American version, and some character names are different in the Japanese version, so to avoid confusion, we should not use the names Vega, Bison, or Balrog.
--NKI 14:44, 7 January 2007 (UTC)