SuperCombo is for the FGC, by GBL. We don't run ads or sell user data. If you enjoy the site, consider supporting our work.
|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike/Controls
From SuperCombo Wiki
Third Strike uses a 6 button layout:
LP / MP / HP
LK / MK / HK
|- LP - Light Punch / Jab||- LK - Light Kick / Short|
|- MP - Medium Punch / Strong||- MK - Medium Kick / Forward|
|- HP - Heavy Punch / Fierce||- HK - Heavy Kick / Roundhouse|
|- P - Any Punch||- K - Any Kick|
|- PP - Any 2 Punches||- KK - Any 2 Kicks|
- Performs a close-range throw that cannot be blocked. Some characters can also throw while in the air. The same input is used to defend (tech) against throws, both on the ground and in the air.
- A throw tech can also be input while crouching, but if the defending character is not already being thrown, then cr.LP will come out (resulting in a failed throw tech).
- Additionally, there is a bug in which attempted throw techs will fail if input on the frame before the throw connects (2nd frame). This also locks out any further throw tech attempts.
+: Universal Overhead (UOH)
- Performs a short hopping attack that must be blocked standing. Generally, combos are only possible if spaced or timed to hit later in the attack's active frames.
+: Personal Action (Taunt)
- Performs a unique taunt animation, usually granting a bonus effect such as increased health, damage, or faster stun reduction.
- Several taunts can also hit the opponent, and some may be required to do so in order to grant the bonus.
- Some taunts can be held or performed multiple times to stack their bonus effects.
Special Move Inputs
Special moves are done by performing one of the following direction inputs, followed by or .
At the cost of some Super meter, a character can also hit or for an enhanced "EX" version of many special moves.
|236||Quarter Circle Forward||Down > Down-forward > Forward|
|214||Quarter Circle Back||Down > Down-back > Back|
|41236||Half Circle Forward||Back > Down-back > Down > Down-forward > Forward|
|63214||Half Circle Back||Forward > Down-forward > Down > Down-back > Back|
|623||Dragon Punch||Forward > Down > Down-forward|
|421||Reverse Dragon Punch||Back > Down > Down-back|
|360° Spin||Can spin stick clockwise or counterclockwise|
(Must hit all 4 cardinal directions - R, D, L, U)
|,||6||Charge Back + Forward||Holding Down+Back (1) will charge both direction at once|
|,||8||Charge Down + Up||Holding Down+Back (1) will charge both direction at once|
|Rapidly tap kicks||Chun-Li only|
-Some specials/supers have enhanced properties when mashing or after the move input
Super Art Inputs
Most Super Arts require the same input: followed by a or .
- A few supers must be done while in the air
- The strength of the button press may affect the move's properties
- There are a few EX Super Arts in the game that require 2 button presses, similar to EX Specials
|360° spin||Alex SA1 only|
Input requires 4 cardinal directions to be considered valid (diagonals do not matter)
|720° spin||Hugo SA1 only|
Input requires 7 cardinal directions to be considered valid (diagonals do not matter)
|Shun Goku Satsu||Akuma only|
|Kongou Kokuretsu Zan||Akuma only|