SuperCombo is for the FGC, by GBL. We don't run ads or sell user data. If you enjoy the site, consider supporting our work.
|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3/Sindel
Sindel once ruled the Outworld at Shao Kahn's side as queen. Now 10,000 years later after her untimely death, she is reborn on Earth with evil intentions. Sindel is the key to Kahn's occupation of Earth.
- Tsugaru (Colombia)
- detroitballn (USA)
Differences from MK3
- Scream will not "shake" the opponent if blocked
Her uppercut is good to counter attacks that are very much directly over her head, but it otherwise has a very narrow range to it, causing a lot of undesirable situations when you think an uppercut might be guaranteed. Particularly when they land in close range, it often times misses. Her roundhouse has reasonable height, but short on range. This makes anti air roundhouses nearly useless with her against most characters, but you can use it for a run under anti air roundhouse quite easily since it hits so close to her. If you are in a situation where you might want to use an anti air roundhouse, go with an anti air HP instead because you can link a scream, or 3 or 4, off it. Her HPs have slightly less range than some, her LPs are normal. Her HK is good anti air, as are most in MK because of the distance a character's collision box is from the hit box of the kick. Her standing LK hits about normal height, even though she's smaller than most characters. Her sweep has nice range, deceptively more than most characters, even though it may be by pixels, but so is everything else in this game. Her ducking LK is about average in terms of speed and pointiness, but she may still be open to some characters' knee combos after doing one if the second isn't timed right. Her JK is nice, but her JP is a bit close to her hittable area, she has a reasonably good cross up game with them.
- HP, HP, D + HP (19%)
- HP, HP, LP, HK (25%)
- HK, HP, HP, D + HP (27%)
- HK, HP, HP, LP, HK (33%)
- HK, HK, B + HK (19%)
- F, F, F, HP
- The Scream is a vital part of her defense. It has some recovery time to it if it's blocked so don't throw them out too often or you'll be punished. It's an excellent anti air move and you can link many aaHPs off it if you sequence them right. Abuse it in all punisher combos. The rules for the scream are kind of strange because you can easily break it's rules based on it's own programming flaws. The standard amount of hits you can do before it without glitching it is 2, and it has no discernable time limit between uses. So that means, for example, aaHPHP scream should be the most you can do before it at once because if you do aaHP,HP,HP you cannot do a scream. If you do a single aaHP followed by a scream, the scream removes the hit from the combo counter, but still adds the damage for some reason. This means you can do as many single punch to scream repetitions as you can throw out before they are too close to the ground to juggle. If you do two aaHPs, followed by a scream, it will count and store these two hits and their collective damage as part of the full combo, but you can still do a single aaHP after these two and scream because it doesn't add another hit until two are done consecutively. The counter at this point still recognizes 2 comboed aaHPs, but the damage of 3. You can then do another single aaHP scream, or, 2 aaHPs and then the scream is disabled for the rest of your combo. By doing a single aaHP, canceling to scream when starting a punisher combo, you can easily allow yourself to following it up with 2 aaHPs after, knocking them a lot higher, and easily enabling a 4th aaHP followed by yet another scream. Remember to try and cancel the HP as soon as it hits without double scream backfiring, or canceling too late and having the scream miss, or have them land too low to abuse it more. The occurance of unorthodox hit counting is not limited to just aaHP or LP attacks, but they are the only conventional means for comboing a scream. In essence, for a standard punisher combo, anyone should be able to get aaHP, scream, aaHPHP, scream, aaHP, scream, to auto combo/juggle. An interesting note on the scream in terms of countering is that you can run into it and block it and get a full combo afterward. If you see someone do a scream you have a couple seconds to think of the best way to punisher her for it. Generally what you can do is teleport behind her and take advantage that way, but most of the time people just do a free projectile. Try running into her scream and blocking it right at the edge because it has a moving hit box, now you have a very short time to run in again and combo her.
- F, F, LP
- The Firebreath is kind of slow when used normally, but after a grounded jump kick it comes out SUPER fast like Nightwolf's Arrow for example. It is not recommended to use for zoning, even though I see people try it all the time. She has a great deal of recovery and an opponent can easily see it start up, jump over it and counter her. It is pretty much only good to use if someone is jumping away and connecting it will win you the match. Using it combos is kind of pointless because as well because it would only serve to terminate what could be a better combo, and leaving her slightly vulnerable afterward, at least putting her on the defensive which is not where you want to be. A corner Scream tactic you can try that ties in with run jabs: If you go to run jab and someone while they are in the corner and they try to jump to get out of it, watch for this because you'll LP them and juggle them, after this LP, stick in a quick aaHP with the intent of canceling it to the scream, you can then easily run in and get another aaHP scream, while that scream holds them, walk backwards as they descend to allow enough room to get her pop up combo to corner juggle, resulting in possibly over 65%.
- D, F, LK
- The Air Firebreath is a very useful, but also very dangerous move. Many players can easily scout when you are going to jump straight up, or jump in and fake out for an air fireball. Don't fall into this pattern because they will run under uppercut you everytime. Use it for zoning and keep away, but don't use it that much (try not to at all) against teleporting characters because it's just too easy to counter. You can use it to allow her to hover over projectiles like Sub's freeze but you have to time it right or she'll come out of the fire frames and drop just enough to touch. If you do a naked JK, sometimes you should cancel to a fireball if the JK is blocked because they will try to counter you and then get hit by it. Use it to terminate juggle combos after a JK to add a bit of extra damage, as this is standard. Anytime you anticipate a double JK scenario, try and cancel the JK as soon as it connects as if you were Kung Lao canceling to a dive kick collision situation. It is sometimes better in general usage to wait until Sindel is close to the ground before firing it to reduce her falling recovery time and also bait your opponent into running in early, expecting the air fireball at maximum height. For example, using it against Kabal, do an early jump kick, make them try and spin you, and cancel the JK with a fireball, beating Kabal's spin.
- B, B, F, HK, BL to end
- Flight is a unique move to UMK3/MKT. It is subsequently useless in nearly all tactical situations except as a taunt. The flight , if intended to actually get her in air to fly around and do air fireballs has so much start up before you can move, and so much vulnerability when you get there still, it really is pointless to even try in a match. What you can do with it is, perform the motion, then instantly cancel it with block before she even leaves the ground. It makes a woosh sound and she sort of dances in place, and has a profound psychological effect on the other player. She can also instantly block pretty much any attack and it makes your opponent rush in so there is no risk at doing this, and sets them up for a decent possible counter if they do rush in blindly. You can perform multiple flight cancels in a row by doing B, B, F, HK/BL/HK/BL/HK/BL. Don't do this too much because that means you're not attacking and attacking is the goal here. Another use for the flight is to extend corner combos by linking aaHPs off it and stopping the push back or "ice skate" in the corner. This is an extremely difficult skill to perform with her, and adds only a few percent to a corner combo if you do it once, and it has to be done perfectly to do it over and over. It is not advised.
- RUN, RUN, BL, BL, RUN & BL (Next to)
- Sindel screams at her victim and the all the victim's skin flies off leaving a bloody dripping skeleton.
- RUN, RUN, BL, RUN, BL (Sweep)
- Sindel's hair starts to grow very long. It totally engulfs her victim She then turns runs away from her victim sending him/her into a spin. All you can see is blood and body parts.
- RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN, U (No Block in Winning Round) (Past Sweep)
- A Football comes out of the ground the then Sindel kicks it and says makes a refs sign meaning GOAL! and says "That Was Fun" he mouth doesn't move though.
- F, F, U, HP (Mercy First) (Next to) (Hold Block)
- Sindel turns into a wasp and stings her victim off the screen.
- RUN, RUN, RUN, U (No Block in Winning Round) (Past Sweep)
- Hold RUN, Wait 1 Second, D, D, Release RUN (Round 3) (Past Sweep)
- D, D, D, D, LP (Next to)
Sindel is ranked #9. She has easy, powerful combos, a small hittable area, an air special attack, a containment move that acts as decent anti air, and some other unique properties that I will get into later as well, but her normals are kind of lacking, generally in range. Overall what you're going to look for with her is setting up situations to abuse the Scream, jump away air fireballs can work to an extent depending on whether your opponent has a teleport or not, and some run jab game is good as well because you can get 43% (or more) on any character from a standard knee to launcher combo. Very few characters can relaunch her. The only combo you should ever go for during rush down is her HK, HP, HP D HP combo.
Sindel has one real infinite, made famous by DreemerNJ, which is the previously mentioned and notorious "Flight Cancel" infinite. It is performed by doing an aaHP, or LP, canceling with her flight move the instant it hits, and then doing another aaHP or LP. It is incredibly difficult. Test it out and you will realize even 2 volleys of this infinite can be annoying to get at times, 3 is pretty much the limit as far as I've heard anyone get except DreemerNJ.
Sindel can relaunch infinite Sheeva, Kung Lao, unmasked Sub-zero, Jax, Nightwolf, Kabal, Cyrax, Sektor, and Robot Smoke. Her relaunch sometimes requires crazy timing. You have to pause very slightly before jumping after the launcher and wait until the very last instant before they hit the ground to relaunch them, often times it will look like it's going to miss, but it will connect. It's easier to mash out her 3 hit pop up right after, but it's also possible, and stylish, to stick in her HK before the second launcher combo.
1. punch starter, HK, HP, HP, D HP, JK, air fireball 7 hits 50%
2. aaHPHP, scream, HK, HP, HP, D HP, JK, air fireball 8 hits 54%
1. punch starter, HK, HP, HP, D HP, aaHP, JK, air fireball, 8 hits 53% (you can substitute aaHP,HP on Jax, Stryker, Sub-zero, Kano, Nightwolf, the Robots, etc for 9 hits 56%, with reasonable reliability, and most characters whom it is sometimes difficult to get two aaHPs, you can easily get two aaLPs, for 55%)
2. (for a standard mid screen punisher combo) aaHP, scream, aaHP,HP, scream, aaHP, scream, HK, HP, HP, D HP, aaHPHP, JK, air fireball 11 hits 73%.
In the corner you can get multiple scream and HP combinations resulting in very close to 100% damage, and it is very much worth learning. You can try her flight cancel infinite but it is not recommended.
Super advanced corner combo:
1. HK, HP, HP, D HP, JK, aaHP, flight cancel, aaHP, flight cancel, JK, air fireball 9 hits 54% (doing a little more than ending her popup in JK, RH, run in HK, which is difficult to line up because of weak RH properties.)