SuperCombo is for the FGC, by GBL. We don't run ads or sell user data. If you enjoy the site, consider supporting our work.
|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
Marvel vs Capcom 2/Controls
Most Marvel vs Capcom 2 moves and combo sequences are a bit older and thus notated with a combination of button letters and abreviated motions, known as Standard Notation.
First of all, the game has 4 buttons : LP, LK, HP and HK.
- Button Notation
- - Light punch
- - Heavy punch
- - Light kick
- - Heavy kick
- - Medium punch : press twice
- - Medium kick : press twice
- - Any punch
- - Any kick
Common special move inputs
- quarter circle forward : down > down-forward > forward
- quarter circle back : down > down-back > back
- half circle forward : back > down-back > down > down-forward > forward
- half circle back : forward > down-forward > down > down-back > back
- dragon punch : forward > down > down-forward
- mashing the attack button alters the moves properties or extends the attack
- can be done while in the air