SuperCombo is for the FGC, by GBL. We don't run ads or sell user data. If you enjoy the site, consider supporting our work.
|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Heritage for the Future/Boingo/Strategy
The general strategy with Hoingo will be based on the experience of your opponent, but most of the time you'll be running and gunning while spacing your opponent out with 2B, 5B, 4B, 4C and j.C. Be aware that at most ranges against most characters, cancelling a normal into 5S is NOT SAFE OR A REAL FRAME TRAP, even on hit sometimes! It is useful pressure if you get away with the Stand bullet, but don't cancel into it out of everything like a brainlet. Even if it is far faster than Hol's, it is still very punishable. Your S bullet is great at penetrating remote stands, hitting the user for double damage even if their Stand blocks!
Hoingo's stand bullet is faster than Hol Horse one, but because of that, you have less time to input patterns to it. The best thing to do is to practice a few stand bullets patterns for different occasions and use them to deceive your opponent, force them to block so you can run, or punish bold moves.
Be aware that stand bullets from The Emperor will not chip Stand meter from your opponent if they block with it. If that's the case, mix it up with some 236+A/B/C and 623+A/B/C for harassment.
Here are some examples of patterns to help you start, keep in mind these are just a baseline and you'll have to adapt them to the situation and to your opponent.
- Red line 1: 5S(76).
- Red line 2: 5S(676).
- Green line 1: 5S(16).
- Green line 2: 5S(616)
- Blue line 1: 5S(693).
- Blue line 2: 5S(639).
You can try to catch your opponent from the back for a crossup. It will be a surprise to be sure, and a welcome one.
- Red line: 5S(6971).
- Green line: 5S(694).
- Blue line: 5S(6914).
Pipe Maze is a risky move with unlikely utility. The AC version is very difficult to get your opponent in range of (But it could be a good unexpected finisher).
- Used as abare/Stuffing out moves: Since the beginning of Pipe Maze has a lot of active frames, is slightly disjointed (especially vertically) and air unblockable, you can try to use it unexpectedly and beat out the opponent's approach. It can counter an empty jump and even beat a jump in from certain angles!
- Combine it with a super: If you manage to land the initial hit from the Pipe Maze and remember which input you did, try to mess with your opponent so he will be right outside the pipes that are going to shoot some bullets. Be creative with how you do it! Use stand bullets, j.236AA or anything you can think of so you hold your opponent in the place you want. You can also bait your opponent towards you and let them get hit while they try to open you up. If the pipes bullets land, they will not scale damage after it. Let them hit a few times before you use Rapid Fire so you optimize the damage output.
- Beating out stalling: While it isn't guaranteed damage, having a massive amount of potential damage will get your opponent moving. Be aware that if your opponent has their stand on, pipes might not fully connect.
Unfortunately, several characters such as Vanilla Ice and Kakyoin have very good mobility while their stands are on, allowing them to dodge with ease. Pipe Maze is not very useful outside of the first hit in these matchups, though it could provide a few seconds where you can try to snipe them down while wasting the clock.
This super grab is not as fast as others in the game but it can help you get out some situations or surprise your opponents. Like Pipe Maze, if you fail it you will be stuck in the animation of it and will probably die. Here are some examples of what you can do:
NOTE: WHEN USED FOR OKIZEME, ABSOLUTE PREMONITION WILL ONLY CONNECT AFTER A MEATY ATTACK IF THE OPPONENT BLOCKS, IF THEY GET HIT AND YOU TRY TO COMBO INTO ABSOLUTE PREMONITION IT WILL WHIFF. ADDITIONALLY, IF YOU CONFIRM WHILE YOUR OPPONENT ARE IN JUMP STARTUP, YOU CANNOT COMBO INTO 270 DESPITE THEM REMAINING ON THE GROUND.
- Catch an opponent blocking 5S or 623A/B/C. This is the best way to 270 your opponent since pushblocking projectiles doesn't push you away. The only way out is to guard cancel, but you can read this and punish with a 236AA or roll past it and 270 them anyway. This technique is very useful to integrate into your okizeme game. Since these projectiles are multihitting though, if your opponent does NOT block it's better to use something else as the super scales terribly.
- Hitconfirm into it - Landing just one normal in neutral can turn into huge damage with this super. Try dashing up to your opponent and using d.5A, jumping in and comboing into it, or catching your opponent pressing buttons out of a roll with 5B and grabbing them afterwards.
- Use it in a blockstring - Absolute Premonition isn't just special because it can grab people in hitstun, it can catch them in blockstun too! If you make your opponent block anything at close range you can try for a command grab, but be wary they can pushblock you away and leave you down a meter and open for a punish. You can set up for this similarly to how you hitconfirm, but don't get predictable with it!
If you are a BIG BOY and want to style you can try to:
- Taunt and bait your opponent, then do the super. (Especially between rounds!)
- Wake up super and pray it lands. Your opponent will have to mess up their oki hard for you to reversal with this.
- Do it while the bullets are traveling the Pipe Maze, the bullets will not scale the damage, but DO scale the launching properties giving you extra hits and damage. If you time it correctly it will look cool and whoever spectate the match will love you. Damage can actually be comparable to using Rapid Fire (depending on the character) but requires you to be close and your opponent to be on the ground.