SuperCombo is for the FGC, by GBL. We don't run ads or sell user data. If you enjoy the site, consider supporting our work.
|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
Capcom vs SNK 2/Vice/Strategy
- 1) Roll Cancel Nail Bomb (412 LP+LK~3+FP) or C.LKx3 XX Mayhem.
This can be done on their wakeup or after 1 C.Jab/J.LK (remove one from the confirm)
This will grab blockers and RC moves, and many invincible moves will whiff.
In order to counter this, your opponent has to jump or throw.
Luckily, both of these options lose to meaty low short. There's your mixup.
If you go for RC Nail bomb, you can still punish your opponents jump via C.HP, Close HK in the corner, or RC HP Mayhem Mid Screen.
- 2) Negative Gain Ticks: Run close to fallen opponent, tick with (c.lk,c.lk) / (c.lk,c.lp) / s.mk / s.mp / c.mk / c.mp, and do Negative Gain (HCBx2 + K). If the opponent starts jumping after your ticks, try doing c.lk,c.lp,*small_pause*,c.hp, hcf+lk. It's safer to leave out the first c.lk, because c.hp might whiff if you don't get close enough to your opponent.
- 3) 2P Cross-up Glitch
If you land Vice's De-Cide and De-Cide Slayer on an opponent and they end up in the corner, Vice will be able to cross them up with a jump, short jump, or dash.
Roll Canceling Vice's specials is critical to effective Vice play, so Vice should be played in C, A, or N.
- Dash- Vice has one of the best corpse hop dashes in the game
- Cheap Level 1s- While Vice doesn't really use meter often, when she does it is her level 1 negative gain or a counter attack (alpha counter) that can lead to mixups. Both of these options are cheapest in C-Groove.
- Delayed Get-up- Unpunishable method to mess with setup/safejumps.
- Air Block-
- No Run means no free crossup after Mayhem->De-cide Slayer
- No Low Jump means you have to earn your way in via a RC Mayhem or well placed sweep.
- Dash- As in C
- BIG DAMAGE Instead of leaving damage on the table when Mayhem'ing someone into the corner, Vice gets a free activate into buckoo damage (7000-10000)
- Rolento/Dan OTG Grab customs!
- That custom combo is freaking hard, man.
- More focus on the big damage custom means less use of level 1s for defense.
- Low jump- Low jump HP is dominant, and very useful get in tool.
- Run- While not as good at mixing up as her dash, still great to loop crossup mixups and run after RC Nailbomb
- Counter Roll- The BEST defense against A groove, period.
- Power Up- Without great supers, sometimes a powerup can be useful.
Preferred Team Position & Ratio
Due to her lack of super usage and rush down style, Vice is often the lead off batter and a ratio 1. A case could be made for the middle position if you use her in A-Groove, but most A-Groove teams will have a character who can custom midscreen for just as much damage.
New school thought is that matchups always outweigh battery/user/anchor theory, so if you want to move Vice away from a short/skinny problem character like Cammy to a better MU like Todo or something, by all means.