SuperCombo is for the FGC, by GBL. We don't run ads or sell user data. If you enjoy the site, consider supporting our work.
|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
Capcom vs SNK 2/Kyosuke/Strategy
In order from best to worst.
- c.mk (most priority; super cancelable)
- s.hp (special/super cancelable)
- c.hk (longest but slowest normal; cannot punish as much as above)
Best to worst.
- s.mk (fast; good vertical range)
- c.hp (won't catch opponents that jump too high; special/super cancelable; I tend to follow this with a lp cross cutter)
- dp + P (it will either trade or get beaten; the hp version rises about a character-length away from Kyosuke, so you can catch far away arial opponents)
- qcf + K (NEVER USE THIS, unless it's RCed. I don't think it can hit air-blockers though)
- df + hk (very short ranged; use only when the opponent is open)
- j.hp (good cross-up though tends to knock down jumping opponents)
- j.hk (good cross-up though tends to knock down jumping opponents)
- j.mk (not too good because of its mostly vertical range; may often miss)
Air Chain Combos
Kyosuke has the ability to chain multiple normal moves up in the air. However, it requires either of two launchers for startup. The df + HK command move is the easiest executable launcher but it lacks range and can cause Kyosuke to be open for punishment. The other, and often better, launcher is his Super Lightning Upper. A level 3 Super Lightning Upper is the trickiest, however, since it does more hits, leaving Kyosuke to delay a bit before jumping.
Once the opponent is launched in the air and starts to fall down, immediately jump towards the opponent (or jump up if the opponent is in the corner) then press LP. During this time, Kyosuke is now able to chain normals from light attacks to medium attacks to hard attacks. Sometimes, Kyosuke can do a special or the Double Shadow Cut Kick though the player has to execute it fast. Some of the best chains would be:
- LP > LK > MP > HP > HK (HP may miss if the opponent is too high up)
- LP > LK > MP > qcf + punch/kick
- LP > qcf, qcf + kick