SuperCombo is for the FGC, by GBL. We don't run ads or sell user data. If you enjoy the site, consider supporting our work.
|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
Saizo Tobikageno is a ninja seeking revenge for the slaughter of his clan.
Saizo is primarily a zoner but he has the ability to switch rapidly between strong zoning and strong offense. The ability to threaten both amplify the effectiveness of each.
- For zoning, his kunai shut down other projectiles and his bombs, though not fullscreen, recover much faster than any other projectile. Couple this with very good reach on his jumping C attacks as air to airs or his 623P swords to keep opponents out.
- For offense, his dash into jump forward C is difficult to deal with and using dashing grounded attacks he can keep a large amount of pressure, even from half screen. Due to his lack of a good overhead, going for a crossup or going back to bomb zoning are likely options.
If you do manage to get in on him he has above average defense and is very difficult to stun, making him quite durable. 214A breaker is easily hit confirmable into super and hair super can punish a wide array of moves on block (and sometimes on hit), making Saizo a difficult opponent to break down.
- Meterless Combos
- 2B, 2B, cl.5D xx 623C - This is Saizo's bread and butter combo.
- 2B, 2B, 2A, 2D - Alternate BnB to confirm into knockdown when too far for cl.5D.
- 2B, 2B, 5B, 2BD (xx 236C) - The slide can be canceled early into a bomb for safety. Good as a blockstring or a combo.
- Combos with meter
- 2B, 2B, cl.5D xx 623C, 214214C - BnB Damage combo.
- 2B, 5B, 5B, 5B xx 214A xx 236236K - BnB Stun combo or for when too far for cl.5D. Use in Round 1 for the stun!
- Anti-air 623P, 214214C/236236P - Use Flame Super if anti-air the opponent up close, use Birdfrog if you anti-air the opponent at range.
- Anti-air 623P, 236236A x3 - Corner combo only, and basically a showoff combo. It isn't really worth the meter unless it will kill. Use LP version of Birdfrog. Very difficult to space on the fly.
- Anti-air 214A xx Any Super - Any super will connect after an anti-air LP Hair, but the height and distance you hit the opponent at determines what super will land the best. Flame Super/Birdfrog are the easiest to land for the maximum number of hits and damage, with Birdfrog being easier to hit with but much less damaging than Flame Super. The Combo Super will hit, but since it is hitting versus an aerial opponent it will do much less damage than if you had used it on the ground. Use the Combo Super when you have used the invulnerability from LP Hair to let your opponent land before you have hit them with the Hair.
- Saizo can instantly block, attack, or jump out of dash. Use the dash to pressure, bait opponents, start offense, move safely, etc.
- Knives can lock opponents down because they can be thrown incredibly fast. Don't be afraid to spam knives from full screen. If you anticipate a jump, use sword move to knock them out of the air and combo into your fire super. If you're spamming knives and want to fake out the opponent you can use a st.A, which can trick the opponent into jumping where you can sword move them on reaction. If you have a blocked vertical jump C, you can follow it up with knives to push them across the screen.
- For zoning, ending blockstrings in bomb is a good idea. Cr.b x2, slide xx bomb is a good pressure string. In general you want to push the opponent away from you so you can zone them until you score a knockdown.
- Saizo has tricky crossups with his j.B and j.D. You can score them off knockdowns by using Saizo's huge dash-jump range to clear over half a screen length. After a knockdown you can also dash repeatedly and cancel the dash with a vertical jump straight up with a j.B at the end of it. The momentum from his dash combined with the forward movement of his vertical jump B will make it a crossup. Dont be afraid to rejump after a blocked crossup against charge characters or characters with bad anti-airs because Saizo's air moves have excellent priority.
- Saizo's best punish combo is cl.5C/D, sword move, flame super. Punish every chance you get. Be careful on punishing with far C/D because they can be punished easily and you will die for using it against a non-airborne. Instead, try cr.C, slide, bomb, or just dry sword move if you have time.
- Saizo's st.B can be repeated a lot and will eventually combo to hair and then super. This move is fast and moves Saizo's hitbox very quickly, so you can breaker with it and get damage!
- Holding onto 1 meter for breakers and punishes with 236236K is recommended.
- Anti-air compilation
- Examples of hair super punishes
|Great||Maherl, Condor, Alsion III, Pielle|
|Good||Dao-Long, Rila, Tia|
Character Specific Tips
Breaker punish his 236K with super.
Bomb is very strong because Condor doesn't have a dash and he can't slide under bombs. Don't get caught by Breaker throws from shallow jump ins, just abuse jump back D IOH if you do jump in and go back to laming him out. Vertical jump C can be beaten by Condor's st.D.
If he ends a blockstring with A+C or a fireball in the corner, you can breaker combo super to punish. Be careful against his jump ins because your anti-air options are not good. Crossups can lose badly to his 8B, so be careful. Throw knives at his fireballs. His air moves can go toe-to-toe with you.
Breaker punish his sword with super. He can't roll under your bomb with dash.
Be careful on meaty crossups and jump ins because Thunder Riser will suck you in and do damage to you. Pielle is quite good at going past fireballs with his movement so don't default to spamming projectiles.
Rila can hop over your fireballs and combo you into super. Be careful on when you throw fireballs. Her st.C will beat your crossups and her upkicks can screw your meaties up. Only jump backwards if Rila doesn't have a charge because she can follow you with her dash move that will do a ton of damage.
Saizo has trouble dealing with his own dj.C. If Saizo is throwing kunai, try attempting a #Bird'sRevenge.. Prefer damage over stun in combos.
Use the 2B low profile to anti-air Sho j.B. Kunai his fireball if he tries throwing them. Doing dj.C above him can beat Sho's 214A. Use 2BD~214A or cl.5D in response to Sho doing 236K xx Air fireball.
Use bombs to force Tia to have to jump or react. Focus on getting your first meter so you can open up breaker super to shut down her offense. Knife her fireballs. She can uppercut super through your knives. If she throws a fireball from close you can breaker and do combo super. You can also breaker super punish her 214B.