SuperCombo is for the FGC, by GBL. We don't run ads or sell user data. If you enjoy the site, consider supporting our work.
|Want to be an editor? Join the SuperCombo Discord and read #server-and-wiki-info for registration.|
Fatal Fury Special
|Fatal Fury Special|
Neo Geo MVS
|Neo Geo AES|
WW: 22 December 1993
Rollback (via Fightcade)
Fatal Fury Special is the updated version of Fatal Fury 2 for the Neo Geo MVS (Arcade), and Neo Geo AES (Home Console). Notable changes to the game include faster gameplay and a combo system. All characters from Fatal Fury 2 return, with bosses Billy Kane, Axel Hawk, Laurence Blood, and Wolfgang Krauser now playable. Duck King, Tung Fu Rue, and Geese Howard from the original Fatal Fury are also added to the roster, with Geese acting as a sub-boss to Krauser. Ryo Sakazaki, the main character from Art of Fighting, appears as a secret boss and is playable in the home versions of the game.
Fatal Fury Special has been released on several different consoles, all with slight differences here and there. Here is a complete list of all the different systems it was released for:
- X68000; JP: 28 July 1994
- Super NES; JP: 29 July 1994; NA: April 1995; EU: 1995
- Neo Geo CD; JP: 9 September 1994; NA: 1996
- Game Gear; JP: 25 November 1994; NA: 1994; EU: March 1995
- PC Engine Arcade CD-ROM²; JP: 2 December 1994
- Sega CD; JP: 31 March 1995; NA: 1995; EU: July 1995
- FM Towns; JP: 13 September 1996;
- Xbox Live Arcade; WW: 5 September 2007
- Virtual Console; JP: 4 November 2009; NA: 1 March 2010; EU: 26 March 2010
- Mobile; WW: 1 April 2015
- PC; WW: 8 January 2016
- Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One; WW: 13 July 2017
If you are looking for a brief guide to learning Fatal Fury Special, check out this very helpful guide made by Universal-Quantifier. Much of the wiki would also not be quite as complete without his help in compiling this info.
|In Progress / Completed||To-do|